Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Because it just won't do to start embarrassing the kid AFTER it comes out of the womb.

There's something immensely gratifying about being in a waiting room for five minutes at the doctor's office, having your name called, and seeing the room full of other patients giving you slightly dirty looks because they had been waiting for half an hour. That being said, today we got our first look at our


beautiful













baby








BOY!







It's good to know that my intuition was right all along... I had a gut feeling that it was a boy since I found out that I was pregnant, and The Boy thought I was a little goofy. I got a good "I told you so" in today at the ultrasound.


Fifteen years down the road my kid's going to pull up mom's old blog on his holographic wristwatch thought-activated I-puter, roll his eyes, sigh, and mutter, "OMG, mom..." except he won't because "OMG" will be tragically 2009 and he would never be caught dead saying anything that uncool. And he will die a little inside at the mortifying fact that his mother put pictures of his boy bits on the internet for the entire world to see. And I will smile in satisfaction, knowing that my age-old right as a mother to humiliate my children has been fulfilled.


I'd like to take this opportunity to introduce our son, Charles Scott. Hey, 15-year-old Charlie... we love you more than you'll ever know. You've already left your footprint on our lives and hearts.


3 comments:

  1. Congrats! Baby boys are faboo. All that frogs and snails and puppy-dog-tails stuff? SO TRUE.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! The boy and I are terrifed that, life being what it is, the two of us being consumate nerds is going to backfire and we'll end up with a complete jock. "What do we do? Get him a book about football? How bout a computer? A book about computers?" Akkk.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats! I love, love, love having boys!

    ReplyDelete